Bedmo Disco has been running parties, events and club nights in Bristol since 2007. We’ve used many Bristol venues over the years – Take 5 Cafe, The Plough Inn (Easton), The Love Inn (Stokes Croft), The Spotted Cow (Bedminster/Southville), Big Chill Bristol and Start The Bus, for starters.
Our highest profile series of events is called BEDMO DISCO PRESENTS…. It’s an ongoing season of parties featuring a mix of hand-picked DJ talent from around the globe, the best local Bristol talent, and of course our good selves. The parties originally took place at Big Chill Bristol (RIP), but have also taken place at The Love Inn and at the Soundwave Croatia festival at the Garden, Tisno. The formula is very simple:
• Guest DJs are told that they can play extended sets, up to and including 3 hours. They can go where they like musically, as long as it fits in with our remit (so pretty much anything with an element of soul, be it disco, boogie, hip-hop, house, broken beat, Afrobeat, Latin beats, Detroit techno, R&B, soul, Balearica, Italo, funk, rock etc)
• If you head down, dance like you mean it. These are parties, pure and simple.
Here’s a small taster of previous guests we’ve had at our parties (deep breath):
• Marcel Vogel
• Alexander Nut
• Auntie Flo
• Justin Van Der Volgen
• Soft Rocks
• Chris Duckenfield (Swag/All Ears/Popular Peoples Front)
• Bonar Bradberry (PBR Streetgang)
• Daniel Wang
• Winston Hazel (Forgemasters)
• Krystal Klear
• DJ Gilla
• DJ Marky (disco/boogie set)
• Soft Rocks
• El Diablo’s Social Club
• Boogie Cartel
• People Like Us
• Peter D Rose (Smith & Mighty/More Rockers)
You can find details of forthcoming parties and appearances on our DATES page.